Adjust slider above to see pics
LEFT:This photograph of 1628 Fatherland Street was uncovered recently in the LSNA archives. The photo appears to date to the 1980s and shows the one-story commercial building at the corner of 17th Street and Fatherland Street as partially boarded up and marred by graffiti. The single occupied commercial unit housed a salvage shop.
RIGHT:Today the building houses the factory and retail store of Olive & Sinclair Chocolate Co. The award-winning chocolatier moved into the recently renovated building in 2013. The storefront was converted into use as a commercial unit, eliminating the second entrance. The patterned brickwork was maintained, as was the bracketed awning with decorative Spanish tile.